Call us: +1.888.477.4258
Tax problems solved.
No matter where in the world you are.

US tax advisors for US-Taiwanese tax filers and Expats

The United States and Taiwan have no tax treaty. Nor an extradition treaty. But that does not mean the two countries don't work together to defeat tax non-compliance. The bad news for our clients with Taiwan heritage is that US tax rules are beyond complicated, and they might not have ever received good tax advice. The good news is we are experts at fixing difficult problems with the stakes are high.



Along with FATCA and FBAR reporting, these are the specific Taiwanese IRS tax issues our team of tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax preparers assist our clients with:


Common Tax issues for US-Taiwanese individuals

  • Closely held foreign corporations in the US, Hong Kong, Singapore, where all parties might not be US persons. This requires reporting, which if not done, can result in high penalties. 
  • Investment in the US, especially real estate,  where not all investors may be US persons
  • EB-5 and other investment VISA holders often do not get optimum tax advice before becoming a US person.
  • Gifting money to adult children who are US persons living in the US.


US Tax Traps to avoid

It is difficult for Taiwanese individuals to find quality tax advice. The problem is compounded as most foreign nationals have no idea that the US tax system is as large as it is illogical. We consider it our job to tell you the things that no one else has, but should have.


Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Programs

If you have made a mistake in previous IRS tax filings, or haven't filed at all, we can help. We are the nation's premier offshore disclosure firm. We have helped thousands of Chinese and others from around the globe properly disclose to the IRS. We can help you too. Click here to visit our Offshore Disclosure summary page.

If you would like to speak to us regarding any of these issues, contact us to schedule a consultation at 888-727-8796 or email 

Related articles

What to do if you're on the EB-5 waitlist
Tax consultants for foreign investments into the US
Thinking of investing in or moving to the US? Avoid these tax traps.
Expert Global Tax Representation and Tax Preparation
Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program Q & A
© 2021 Parent and Parent LLP All rights reserved.
Parent and Parent LLP, 144 South Main Street, Wallingford, CT 06492,
Tel. +1.888.477.4258, Fax +
IRS Medic: Parent & Parent, LLP
144 South Main Street Wallingford, CT 06492
Phone: (203) 269-6699