IRS Shut Down Day One
At this time, the 10% of the IRS who are not furloughed are running through their shut down procedures.
- We are attempting to make contact with the skeleton crew that will be handling emergency levy releases.
- The Practitioners’ Priority hot line is closed.
- The taxpayers advocates office appears to be closed. We attempted a fax but the line appears to be busy.
- Automated Collection Services are closed.
- IRS field offices are closed.
- We have heard from some IRS employees within the Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program who have volunteered to come in (they are overworked as it is).
Stay tuned for updates.